2020 was a year unlike any other with the Covid-19 pandemic changing our world and workplaces overnight. As organizations grappled with unforeseen challenges and shift to remote working conditions, the need for enterprise automation became greater than ever before. What had always been important – agility, reliability, customer experience – became urgent overnight. We saw organizations and government agencies around the world embrace workplace automation to reduce operational complexity, lower error rates, and improve outcomes for their customers when they needed it the most.
As we turn our sights toward 2021 and the hope it brings, we’re reflecting on the milestones we achieved as a team during the last twelve months. “There is no way out but through” is one of our core company values, and it became more of a mantra than ever this past year. We know that none of this would have been possible without our incredible colleagues, customers, partners, and investors – thank you for your support, trust, dedication and vision.
To Infinity and Beyond
Our sights are set on a software-defined world.
In 2020, Hyperscience grew to a truly global company with more than 220 employees in remote offices around the world. Our technology automates business processes for Global 2000 enterprises and government agencies, impacting the lives of millions of their customers in turn. At the center of this technology – and what makes Hyperscience so unique – is our state-of-the-art AI, which is tightly integrated with our proprietary human-in-the-loop approach.
- $140 Million Raised in 5 Months – In June, we announced our $60 million Series C raise led by Bessemer Venture Partners and our vision for Software-Defined Management, a new category of enterprise automation and human-machine collaboration. SDM challenges legacy approaches to business process automation and enables businesses to snap together horizontal, stackable blocks and workflows to build vertical solutions that automate key business processes such as claims processing and loans origination. In October 2020, we announced our $80 million Series D led by Tiger Global, and we will use the funds raised to fuel continued innovation, keep hiring top-notch talent, and further expand into new markets and sectors around the world.
- Monumental Growth– It has been a year of unprecedented challenges for our key customers and their increased usage of the Hyperscience Platform is proof: today, customers are using Hyperscience 10x compared to this time last year, and revenue has grown 3x year-over-year. Customers are buying more Hyperscience for additional use cases and new lines of business, resulting in over 140% account growth.
- Growing Partner Ecosystem – We partnered with the experts at Dcode to bring Hyperscience to more federal agencies, allowing government organizations to make better use of their data, unlock new efficiencies and better serve their constituents. Around the world, we established strategic partnerships with Accenture UK, Blue Turtle, Infosys, Instanda, Kryon, NICE, qBotica, RPATech, TCS, Tquila Automation and more. To upskill our partners, particularly in regions where we don’t have a physical office, and to drive customer implementations as an extension of the Hyperscience team, we established our Partner Certification bootcamps. Reveal Group, Image Access Corp, and IBM were amongst the first to receive our certification!
- 200% Headcount Growth – In 2020 we doubled our team, and in 2021 we’ll double it again. We welcomed Jon-Marc Patton as VP of Customer Experience, Francisco Uribe as VP of Product & Design, Steven Vineyard as VP of Finance, and Suren Hiraman as VP of Engineering to our Leadership Team, industry visionaries with proven track records that will help make our vision a reality. People remain Hyperscience’s ultimate competitive advantage, and we’ll continue to strive to create a meaningful and inclusive work environment that is reflective of our core values.
- Hello & Bonjour! We expanded into Toronto, Canada where we’re hiring for top-notch Software Engineers and grew our sales team in France and Germany. We hired our first Software Engineer in London and welcomed team members from Brazil, Russia and Australia. [ICYMI: We’re hiring pretty much everywhere!]
- Equality for All – We announced our eldercare benefit in September, part of our commitment to creating policies and providing benefits that meaningfully level the playing field for all employees. Our benefits aim to give employees the financial support and time they need with loved ones through a combination of reasonable working hours, proper vacation, and parental leave.
- We made the list! In addition to being named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies and Deloitte’s Fast 500 list of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies, we were recognized as one of Built in NYC’s Best Places to Work and Crain’s 2020 Best Places to Work in NYC. We were also named to the CB Insights AI 100 for the second year and Fintech 250 for the first time!
We’re proud of the milestones and lessons learned in 2020, and we’re ready for the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead in 2021. We look forward to building upon our momentum and continuing to evolve and expand our input-to-outcome platform to drive better outcomes for our customers and their end customers.